Saturday, October 22, 2011

ADJECTIVE CLAUSES

Adjective clauses / relative clauses adalah kalimat yang menjelaskan tentang orang atau benda.

KATA GANTI YANG DIGUNAKAN SEBAGAI SUBYEK

WHO, WHICH, THAT

Who : used for people
Which : used for things
That : used for both people and things

Contoh 1:
I thank the woman. She helped me.
I thank the woman who helped me. Atau
I thank the woman that helped me.
Contoh 2:
The book is mine. It is on the table.
The book which is on the table is mine.
The book that is on the table is mine.

    EXERCISE

Gabungkan kedua kalimat menggunakan Who atauWhich.
I saw the man. He closed the door.
The girl is happy. She won the race.
The student is from China. He sits next to me.
I am using a computer. I bought it yesterday.
I’m using a sentence. It contains an adjective clause.
Lengkapi kalimat berikut. Gunakan Who atau Which sebagai kata ganti subyek.
The man ________________ is happy.
I met the girl____________________.
I’m reading a story __________________.
The girl _______________ is my best friend.
The lecturer _____________ is friendly.

KATA GANTI YANG DIGUNAKAN SEBAGAI OBYEK

Who(m), Which, That
Who(m) : used for people
Which : used for things
That : used for both people and things
Contoh 1:
The man was Mr. Jones. I saw him.
The man who(m) I saw was Mr. Jones.
The man that I saw was Mr. Jones.
The man I saw was Mr. Jones.
Contoh 2:
The movie wasn’t very good. We saw it last night.
The movie which we saw last night wasn’t very good.
The movie that we saw last night wasn’t very good.
The movie we saw last night wasn’t very good.


 EXERCISE

Gabungkan kedua kalimat menggunakan who atau which.
  The book was very good. I read it.
  I liked the woman. I met her last night.
  I like the composition. You wrote it.
  The people were very nice. We visited them yesterday.
  Lengkapi kalimat berikut. Gunakan who atau which sebagai kata ganti obyek.
I like this dictionary ___________________ .
I telephoned Sally ___________________.
She came with a man __________________.
I will ride a new motorcycle ______________.
Menggunakan Whose (kata ganti milik/ kepunyaan)

Contoh 1:
I know the man. His bicycle was stolen.
I know the man whose bicycle was stolen.

Contoh 2:
The student writes well.
I read her composition.
The student whose composition I read writes well.

    Exercise

Gabungkan kalimat berikut menggunakan whose.
I apologized to the woman. I spilled her coffee.
The man called the police. His wallet was stolen.
The people were very nice. We visited their house.
The lecture was excellent. I’m taking a course. 
Menggunakan where (kata ganti tempat)
Contoh:
The building is very old. He lives there.
The building where he lives is very old.
Exercise:
The city was very nice. We spent our vacation there.
The town is small. I grew up there.
Piksi is a favorite campus. I study there.
Lengkapi kalimat berikut.
1. Bandung is a city where _______________.
2. Jakarta is a big city where ______________.
Menggunakan when (kata ganti waktu)
Contoh:
I’ll never forget the day. I met you on that day.
I’ll never forget the day when I met.
 Exercise:
 Monday is the day. We will come on that day.
 7.05 is the time. My train arrives at the time.

 Lengkapi kalimat berikut:

Saturday night is the night when ______________ .
Sunday morning is the time when _______________ .



0 comments: